Wednesday, July 23, 2014

QUEST FOR HAPPINESS

I wake up every morning.
Tired and Negative.
Thinking about what life has to offer.
Thinking about reasons to live.

Its the same old urban life.
Fast and Merciless.
Got no time to plan ahead.
Life here is a pile of mess.

Sometimes I just want to end this,
with a single blow of death.
Happiness is just a stranger,
whom I've never met.

But happiness ain't a product,
that I can find in the store.
It lies somewhere inside me,
waiting for me to explore.

I guess I am not the only.
Challenge lies in the nature all around.
Birds, animals and every living creature,
in the sky and on the ground.

So I wake up once again.
Positively from my bed.
Ready to rise to the challenge,
and earn my daily bread.

I am not the same anymore.
Grumbling about my sorrow.
I am learning from my mistakes.
Ready to shape my tomorrow.

Prepared to take on new challenges.
Walking paths where I've never been.
My quest for happiness has finally ended,
with the peace I've found within.


Dedicated to my friend Cheryl KP. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment